FTMS Talent Scholarship 2011 program offers the total scholarship funds of USD10,000. Scholarships will be given to candidates who successfully pass through a selection process consisting of 3 rounds. The scholarships are open for candidates whose ages are from 19 to 24 (as at 30 Nov 2011).
In the first round (from 15 Nov 11 to 5 Dec 11), candidates were requested to register for the scholarship program online. After that, candidates were required to complete the IQ test online and post a write up of up to 150 words about why he or she applied for the scholarship.
FTMS Cambodia received more than 380 online registrations. Unfortunately, more than 280 candidates are disqualified because of the following reasons:
- 25% of the disqualified candidates are out of age range (born in 1993 and after or born in 1986 and before)
- 33% of the disqualified candidates were unable to complete the IQ tests
- 22% of the disqualified candidates did not post the write up on FTMS Cambodia’s facebook for likes
- The remaining candidates are disqualified because they failed to obtain the minimum score requirement for the IQ test although some of them have a high number of LIKEs for their write up on FTMS Cambodia’s facebook.
Therefore, FTMS Cambodia is able to select only 98 candidates to the 2nd round of the selection process for FTMS Talent Scholarship 2011.
The lower number of 2nd round candidate than initially planned means less competition between candidates for the 2nd round.
After talking with candidates, FTMS Cambodia found out that posting write up on facebook is a challenge for many candidates who do not have facebook accounts and facebook friends. Thus, the requirements for the 2nd round selection have been amended and will include:
- Part A: a paper based multiple choice test to justify the candidates’ ability to study CAT/FIA, ACCA or CFA programs.
- Part B: a paper based written test to justify the candidates’ command of English.
The candidates will be invited to FTMS Cambodia on 5th Floor, Phnom Penh Tower, #445, Monivong Blvd to sit for the test (part A & part B) on 10th Dec 11. The 2nd round short listed candidates will be emailed directly to inform of the time of the test.
Those whose names on the above list, congratulations and please check your email.