Foundations in Accountancy FIA /CAT
Awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), FIA/CAT is a flexible suite of entry-level accounting awards focusing on the core skills of financial accounting and management accounting and audit at international standards The awards are suitable for those who plan to start out in accounting, finance and audit profession but have no formal qualifications.
Why choose FIA/CAT
Be awarded the followings which are well recognized around the world.
- Introductory Certificate in Financial Management Accounting.
- Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting.
- Diploma in Accounting and Business.
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification.
Build a good foundation in accountancy to enable you to start out in accountancy professions in different positions such as accountants, audit assistants, tax assistants, management accountants, budget assistants and etc.
Allow you to study the program concurrently with university or college study and be able to complete the program within 18 months.
Be transferred to ACCA qualification with the exemption of Fl F2& F3.
- After completion of the Diploma in Accounting and Business; Or
- After completion of CAT.
And be further awarded the Bachelor degree in Appled Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, UK (OBU).
- Diploma in Accounting and Business or CAT+ACCA Skills Module Professional Ethics Module +OBU Research and Analysis Report.
Who is FIA/CAT suitable for?
- High school leavers
- University students
- University graduates with non-accountancy majors
FIA/CAT syllabus (9 papers) (passing mark: 50% )
- FA1: Recording Financial Transactions
- MA1: Management Information
- FA2: Maintaining Financial Records
- MA2: Managing Costs and Finances
- FAB:Accountant in Business
- FMA: Management Accounting
- FFA: Financial Accounting
Option Papers: any 2papers
- F8: Audit and Assurance
- F9: Financial Management
Time limit to complete FIA/CAT
- ACCA does not apply any time for FIA/CAT.
- Average time to complete FIA/CAT is 18 months.
What should be budgeted for FIA/CAT?
- FIA/CAT fees paid to ACCA UK.
- Tuition fees and materials fees paid to FTMSGlobal Academy Cambodia.
(*) Please contact FTMS for further information about tuition fees, discount policies, timetable and lecturer profiles.
Examinations and initial registration requirements(**)
Computer based examinations (CBE): available for the first 7 papers
- Organized and invigilated by FTMS Cambodia on a regular basis.
- Flexible to choose examination time.
- Result will be displayed instantly on the computer screen at the end of the exam.
- Deadline for initial registration about 20 days before the CBE date.
Paper based examination (PBE): available for all papers
- Organized by ACCA in March , June , September and December.
- Examination time and dates are fixed.
- Deadline for initial registration about 20 days before exam registration deadlines.
FTMS will assist its students in initial registration and examination registration.
Why Choose to Study FIA /CAT with FTMS?
- FTMS a Singaporean training company with more than 30 years of experience in providing tuition for professional qualifications in the world.
- FTMS authorized by ACCA UK to organize FIA/ACCA computer based examinations in Cambodia.
- FTMS training courses are conducted by ACCA members and affiliates.
- FTMS's intakes for FIA/CAT are regular which will allow students to speed up their study.
- FTMS offers assistance to its FIA/CAT students in initial registration and examination registration with ACCA UK.
- FTMS works with its business partner to provide career oppotunities with FIA/CAT students and graduates.
- FTMS offers assistance to its FIA/CAT students who want to pursue FIA/CAT study at FTMS Singapore or Malaysia.
- FTMS has trained staff from KPMG, PwC EY BDO Deloitte Cambodia ,National Bunk of Cambodia ANZ Royal Banks ,Canadia Bank and other international and local organizations.
FTMS Global Academy (Cambodia) Pte.,Ltd
2nd Floor, Western University Building (Trolouk Bek)
Street 608, Sangkat Boeung Kok II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: 012 88 66 14