ACCA established in 1904, ACCA is the global body for professional accountants with 147,000 ACCA members and 424,000 students in over 170 countries. Their aim is to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
Why Choose ACCA?
The ACCA Qualification is a professional qualification in accountancy which is well recognized around the world. The qualification develops accounting knowledge and skills as well as professional values. This means you can build a successful career as a finance professional in any sector. There is a strong focus on professional values, ethics and governance. This is essential because the profession is moving towards strengthened codes of conduct, regulation and legislation. And there is an increased focus on professionalism and ethics in accounting.
The ACCA professional qualification:
- Equips you with international practical knowledge and skills which enable you to work in different countries around the world.
- Helps you build your confidence to take challenges in international professional working environment.
- Enables you to get head in your accounting, finance and audit professions.
- Allows you to gain the following awards on your way to ACCA membership:
- Diploma in Accounting & Business
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business
- BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University.
- Gives you the opportunity to further pursue MBA of Oxford Brookes University after being an ACCA member.
Career Prospects for ACCA Students, Affiliates and Members:
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Budget control & management
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Executive Office (CEO)
- Business Owner
Who is ACCA Suitable for?
- University graduates with accounting majors
- CAT affiliates
- Holders of ACCA’s Diploma in Accounting & Business
- 1 photo with size of 4 x 6
- ID or birth certificate (translated in to English and notarized) or Passport
- For those who want to claim for exemption:
- Bachelor degree (translated in to English and notarized)
- University transcript (translated in to English and notarized)
ACCA Syllabus: (14 papers) (passing mark: 50%)
F4: Corporate and Business Law (Global variant)
F6: Taxation (UK variant)
Options Module: Any 2 out of 4
P6: Advanced Taxation (Singapore variant)
- Exemption is only considered on the basis of qualifications which contain relevant content to ACCA papers.
- Exemption will be confirmed at the time of a student’s initial registration with ACCA. Exemption will be awarded only on provision of a student’s completion certificate, academic transcript (and official English translations where appropriate).
- Holders of CAT qualification or ACCA’s Diploma in Accounting & Business will be exempted F1, F2 & F3 of ACCA qualification.
- Please visit the following link for further information about exemption: http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/exemptions.html
Time Limit to Complete ACCA:
- Students will have seven years to pass the exams at the Professional level (P1, P2, P3, P4 and P5). There is no time limit for passing the Fundamental level.
- Average time to complete ACCA is 3 to 4 years
Initial English Requirement:
- ACCA does not apply any initial English requirements
- To be able to study the ACCA programs, it is recommended that learners’ English level is equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 500 or successfully complete FTMS’ English placement test
Examinations and Initial Registration Requirements (*)
- Computer based examinations (CBE): available for the first 4 papers
- Organized and invigilated by FTMS Cambodia on a regular basis.
- Flexible to choose examination time
- Result will be displayed instantly on the computer screen at the end of the exam
- Deadline for initial registration: about 20 days before the CBE date.
- Paper based examination (PBE): available for all papers
- Organized by ACCA in March, June, September and December
- Examination time and dates are fixed
- Deadline for initial registration: about 20 days before the following exam registration deadlines:
- 17 Aug, 10 Nov & 2 Feb for Mar exams
- 3 Nov, 16 Feb & 3 May for Jun exams
- 9 Feb, 17 May & 2 Aug for September exams
- 10 May, 16 Aug & 1 Nov for Dec exams
(*) FTMS will assist its students in initial registration and examination registration.
What Should be Budgeted for ACCA? (**)
- ACCA fees paid to ACCA UK
- Tuition fees paid to FTMSGlobal Academy Cambodia (FTMS)
- And materials fees paid to FTMS
(**) Please contact FTMS for further information about tuition fees, discount policies, timetable and lecturer profiles.
Why Choose to Study ACCA with FTMS?
- FTMS is a Singaporean training company with more than 25 years of experience in providing tuition for professional qualifications in the world.
- FTMS is authorized by ACCA UK to organize FIA/ACCA computer based examinations in Cambodia.
- FTMS is awarded by ACCA UK the Gold and Platinum status for its centers around the world. They are prestigious recognition for ACCA tuition providers.
- FTMS training courses are conducted by ACCA local and international members with intensive lecturing experience, practical knowledge and skills in accounting, finance and audit
- FTMS provides tuitions for all ACCA papers with frequent intakes which will allow students to speed up their study.
- FTMS offers assistance to its ACCA students in initial registration and examination registration with ACCA UK
- FTMS offers assistance to its ACCA students who want to pursue ACCA study at FTMS Singapore or Malaysia
- FTMS has trained staff from KPMG, PwC, EY, BDO, ANZ Royal Bank and other international and local organizations.
ACCA Preparation Course at FTMS
- Learners can choose either (1) to study the whole ACCA professional program (14 papers) to become ACCA UK members; or (2) to study the chosen papers to improve the desired knowledge and skills. In the latter case, learners will be given a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
- ACCA preparation courses are scheduled in the evenings and weekends which will not impact learners’ working or studying schedule
- There are many ACCA intakes per year:
- January, April, July and October intakes: for papers F1 – F4 to prepare for CBE
- January intake: for the other papers to prepare for PBE in June
- July intake: for the other papers to prepare for PBE in December
- ACCA preparation courses are conducted in combination of Khmer and English (for F1 – F3) and 100% in English (for the other papers) by experienced lecturers who are ACCA members/affiliates
- Course structure is designed to enable learners to focus their study effectively for the exams. The course structure consists of:
- Orientation session: learners will be guided how to attend the ACCA preparation courses at FTMS effectively
- Teaching phases: lecturers will explain in details all key core areas of the topics, give illustration examples and guide students how to apply the knowledge and skills in the exam questions.
- Self study phases between contact classes: learners are given a study planners to review previous lessons and prepare for the coming lessons.
- Progress test: learners will be given progress test to justify what they have learned well and what they need to improve
- Revision phase: lecturers will summarize all the papers in a systematic way and practice exam questions for the whole paper syllabus.
- Mock exam: learners will be requested to sit for mock exams with ACCA exam format. Scripts will be marked with detailed feedback to enable learners to prepare well for the coming exams.
For further information about ACCA courses in Cambodia, please contact
FTMSGlobal Academy (Cambodia) Pte Ltd
2nd Floor, Western University Building, Sangkat Boeung Kok II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh
Mobile Phone: +855 (0) 010 92 55 45
Mobile Phone: +855 (0) 077 555 091